I injured myself last week and have not been able to fulfill my 30 day challenge as I need to stay off my ankle. So since I am forced to take some time off, I have started to ease into a detox. I have inherited my family’s issue with edema in the legs and sensitivity to salt. The injury has exasperated this. So instead of going metaphysical, I am going physical, very physical.
Since doing this work 7 years ago, my weight has ballooned up well over 50 pounds and now it is time to address this. Fat acts as a protection from negative energies and boy has my body responded lol. I also have spent enormous amounts of time sitting: Driving to appointments and events, sitting with clients, sitting for classes, basically my time is spent in my head and not in my body.
I have spent the past year and a half upping my steps and until now, I have been successful. This however has not made much of a difference on the scale, so now I must address my diet. I decided to make a nutrient rich organic salad to help detox and lessen my dependence on salt and sugars. I am not going low carb, but I am reducing my use of refined carbs, except on special occasions. I am not jumping in as I had in the past, but wading slowing, and working towards a life change.
I am also looking forward to a vacation that will include a lot of pool time and walking time and I want to be healthier and happier for both!
As I go through my journey, I am including recipes and nutrient facts. There are a ton of links at the end of the article to help you research for your-self. I will be including my fruit salad later. I invite you to comment and share and of course to like!
Detox salad: Each component and their benefits
- 1 cup contains – Vitamins K 684%, A 206%, C 134%, B6 10%, Calcium 10%, Magnesium 7%, Iron 5% Protein 2.2 g. For a full analysis click on this link:http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2461/2
- Is an anti-inflammatory
- Sugar Levels
- Skin and Hair
- Weight Management and digestion
- Mixed cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup contains – Vitamins C 32%, A 25%, K 15%, B6 10%, Potassium 10%, Protein 1.3 g For a full analysis click on this link:http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2461/2
- Contains four carotenoids
- Hair and Skin
- Blood sugar
- 1 cup contains – Vitamins K 190%, C 19%, A 48%, Potassium 8%, Protein .8 g For a full analysis click on this link:http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2352/2
- Cucumber with peel
- 1 cup contains – Vitamins K 11%, Potassium 10%, Protein .3 g For a full analysis click on this link: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2439/2
- Weight loss
- Blood pressure
- Hair and nails
- 1 cup contains – Vitamins C 25%, E 16%, K 39%, B6 19%, Folate 30%, Potassium 21%, Pantothenic Acid 21%, Niacin 13%, Riboflavin 11%, Magnesium 11%, Protein 3 g 22 g healthy fat, 10 grams of fiber. For a full analysis click on this link: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1843/2
- Protection from many chronic illnesses
- Red onion
- 1 cup contains – Vitamins C 20%, B6 10%, Manganese 10%, Potassium 7%, Protein 1.8 g For a full analysis click on this linkhttp://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2501/2
- Blood Sugar
- Fights free radicals
- Sleep Aid
- Red peppers
- 1 cup contains – Vitamins C 317%, A 93%, B6 22%, E 12%, K 9%, Folate 17%, Potassium 10%, Protein 1.5 g For a full analysis click on this link:http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2896/2
- High Vitamin C
- Lemon juice
- 1 cup contains – Vitamins C187% Protein .9 g For a full analysis click on this link: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2896/2
- Ph Balance
- Weight Management
- Roasted chick peas
- 1 cup contains – Vitamins C 32%, A 25%, B6 6%, K 5%,Manganese 32%, Folate 27%, Phosphorus 11%, Copper 11%, Magnesium 8% Potassium 6%, Protein 5.6 g For a full analysis click on this link:http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2461/2
These Links were very helpful in putting this list together!