On tonight’s menu I made some baked turkey. Super easy. I bought 1 pound of free range turkey breast and about 5 organic carrots. ***Tip- if you are in whole foods, buy them from the loose produce bin. You will save some cash. 65 cents for the five carrots and no waste. You can use a bigger dish and add different veggies like onion, potato and celery.
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees
- Take a small casserole dish and use about 1 tbs. of olive oil to grease the pan.
- Sprinkle some sage, salt and dill on the bottom of the dish.
- Peel the carrots and place them around the dish
- Nestle the Turkey in the center and pour some white wine. I used some cooking wine flavored with lemon. Yes I know that “chefs” hate the stuff, I do not care, it saves a step and I have never disliked the flavor.
- sprinkle with some more salt, dill, sage, and black pepper
- cover and cook.
- If you would like it to brown, then uncover after is is cooked and continue to baste the juices and cook some more. 50-60 min depending on the cut and particular oven.
- Turkey 1lb
- 5 or more carrots
- black pepper
- lemon cooking wine