Well you first met me a few months ago and over the past few weeks my life has gotten chaotic. I am back on track, though at home. I am on an extended vacation of sorts until the end of August and will not be cooking for myself as much. I will be cooking for the family about once a week, so when I do that I will post for you. My posts over the next few months will be more of a traditional blog with an occasional recipe. The party I told you about was a success! Everyone loved the appetizers and the main dish. The main dish was the Zucchini Pizza Casserole; I had one serving left by the end of the night! Here is the link to that recipe:
For appetizers, I kept it simple:
- Veggie plate of organic rainbow carrots
- Organic rainbow sweet peppers
- Pinto bean chips (whole Foods)
- Quinoa and black bean chips (Trader Joes)
- Horse radish hummus (Trader Joes)
- Tomato Basil Hummus (Trader Joes)
- Salsa “Cowboy Caviar” (This went over big! My guests couldn’t get enough.) (Trader Joes)
- Italian soda: Pomegranate, Blood Orange (Whole Foods)
- Vodka to mix
- Zucchini Pizza Casserole
A friend brought some small bite deserts from Trader Joe’s. While not healthy per se, they were two bites each and easily to control the portion. This is great when you want to cheat but not blow your whole diet!
She also brought the Trader Joe’s Key Lime Pie. This not healthy at all, but worth the calories.
So while the whole meal appetizer to dessert was not entirely perfect in dietary terms, I had very healthy options available and some small cheats that wouldn’t kill your whole day.
I plan on entertaining again and will bring in some different options to share with all of you!