Down 10.2 pounds and 17.5 from my highest this summer!
Breakfast: Tea and popcorn
Lunch: I turned my Monday Kale and Quinoa dish into an even tastier soup. Actually much tastier than the original. I took two and a half cups of the leftovers and put it in a soup pot. I added leftover organic chicken broth, about 1.5 cups. You can use vegetable broth if you are vegetarian. I also filled it out with about 1-2 cups of water. I added 1 tsp of tomato paste, 2 tbs of coconut aminos – soy sauce can be used, but the sodium will go way up. More onion powder and 21 seasoning salute. Simmered it for about 20 minutes.
Snack 1 apple, 1 pear, almond butter
I had the time to cook today and tried to curb my craving for pizza. It was good and filling, but no substitute for pizza. Basically just a flat turkey burger.
Faux Turkey Pizza
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1.5 medium sliced tomatoes (drain the liquid and seeds)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- Italian herbs to taste
- Pinch of sea salt
- Mix the meat and seasonings with a tbs of the cheese
- Spread it out on an sprayed casserole pan. It will shrink a lot 1/2 – 1/4 inch
- Cook it at 395 degrees for 15 min
- Drain (I saved the liquid for my soup tomorrow!)
- Cook for another 5-10 min and drain again
- If it feels solid, take two spatulas and flip
- Layer on the tomatoes and cheese
- Bake for another 7-12 min or until cheese is melted
- cut and serve
I took the top half of the three tomatoes, drained them, added the herbs and topped it with cheese.
Was it good? Yes! I had a second serving!
Was it filling? Yes! I didn’t need more than a second serving!
Was it pizza? No way! Next time I try this I want to use a sugar free tomato sauce and perhaps a goat cheese. I am trying very hard to cut the carbs. For those who are just joining me, I found out this year that I am Diabetic and it is still reversible. So after being gluttonous during the holidays, I am now on go mode. I was having between 250g-350g of carbs a day. Since the cleanse I have gotten it below 180 every day except for Monday. I was in shock I think. My goal is between 135-180 a day.
As I have continued on this cleanse I have been struggling to get in all of my calories and today is no different.
By the numbers (It will change before bed it is only 8pm now) I will probably have a before bed snack!
- Total weight loss 10.2 lbs
- Calories in 1388
- Carbs 160g 44%
- Fat 56g 35%
- Protein 76g 21%
- Steps 3400
- Calories burned 2497