I have been on and off of the wagon all summer, but I managed to maintain a 30lb weight loss. Tonight I made a chicken soup and it came out beautifully. I also took the left over chicken and baked it to help prep for the week.
- 0.50 lb(s), Chicken Thighs, Boneless, Skinless
- 3 potatoes, Red Potato
- 1 Cup Raw, Cauliflower Rice (Net Carbs)
- 1 Cup Cubed, Rutabega – Raw
- 1 cup chopped, Carrots, raw
- 1 cup chopped, Celery, raw
- 4 cup, Chicken Cooking Stock, Unsalted
- 1 cup, chopped, Onions, raw
- 3 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 0.12 tsp, leaves, Spices, thyme, dried
- 0.12 tsp, McCormick
- 1 leaf, Bay Leaf
- 0.25 tsp(s), Spices, rosemary, dried
- 0.25 tsp, Lemon Pepper – Spice
- 0.25 tsp(s), Spices, turmeric, ground
- 0.25 tsp. (0.6g), Spices of the World – 21 Seasoning Salute
- 0.25 teaspoon, Salt
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- 4 cups of water
- 1 bay leaf
Take your Soup pot and add a little olive oil. Sautee the chopped onion and minced garlic. Don’t worry if it gets too brown, add a quarter cup of water and deglaze the pot. Add the chicken thighs. I trimmed as much fat as i could off of it. Once everything is mostly cooked, add the stock.
Allow it to simmer a bit and add the spices and the potatos
after about 15 minutes take the chicken out and shred it.
add it back in and add the rest of the veggies. Add the 4 cups of water, bring it back to a boil and allow it to boil for 10 more minutes.
Cover and lower the heat and stir every once and a while.
Total cooking time about an hour. As always season to your taste, these numbers are very close estimates.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 3 g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0 g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 23 mg||8 %|
|Sodium 201 mg||8 %|
|Potassium 474 mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17 g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||11 %|
|Sugars 4 g|
|Protein 10 g||21 %|
|Vitamin A||55 %|
|Vitamin C||43 %|
For the chicken prep I took a baking sheet and pre-heated the oven to 395 degrees. I lined the cookie sheet. I painted the foil with a mixture of olive oil, minced garlic, lemon pepper spice mix from Trader Joe’s, salt and pepper.
- I laid on the Boneless skinless chicken thighs and thin sliced chicken breasts on top.
- I then sprayed the top with olive oil and flipped them
- They were then cooked on the lower rack for about 35 min
- They were turned once in the middle
- Once the heat was turned off I let them rest for another 15 minutes while the soup cooked.
These can be use on salads, sandwiches, or with veggies for a mid week dinner. You can even shred it and add mayo for a flavorful chicken salad!
** note the nutrition table came from MyFitnessPal You can enter your recipes and get the nutritional value there!